Home » » Be The Beyonce Of Your Blog

Be The Beyonce Of Your Blog

Penulis : Unknown on Wednesday 11 December 2013 | 12:46

No need to adjust your screen. I'm still here, I'm still blogging, I still really enjoy doing it (I really hope you all giggled at my use of "doing it"), and I don't have any plans of checking out of this joint just yet. Which all seems to be the opposite of the current feelings of many bloggers I've seen dropping off the blogosphere lately, who are just plain over it. While I can completely respect where everyone is coming from, I can't say I've been feeling the same way. Kind of the opposite, really. 

Wow, way to be an arrogant bitch, Whit. Except I promise that's not where I'm going, I'm simply here to answer a few questions I get asked regularly and, maybe, give those of you having thoughts of falling off the blogosphere edge a little tug to stay aboard. So, yes, this is technically a post about blogging, which I tend to try and stray away from to avoid the cliches that trail along with them, but it's time. I'm ready to let it out. PUT ME IN COACH! 

Most often, the questions I get are something along the lines of: "How do you find things to post about 5 days a week?", "Did you see this written about you (referring to something negative)?", "How are you so brave to share all of this stuff where anyone can read it?". They go on, and on, and on, but that's the gist of my more popular questions and my answer to them all is one that I'm here to elaborate on today.

Posting five days a week:
Posting five days a week can be exhausting, I'm not even going to pretend it's not. Here's the thing though, I chose to start this blog and I chose to give myself the goal of writing five posts a week. Just as I chose both of those things, I can also choose to play hookie a few days a month if I feel like it. Because this is my interwebz house and if I want to stay home and watch The Price is Right all day long, then that's what I'm going to do. Because I can. Because I built this house and I make the damn rules. 

Basically, this is how I like to walk into my blog every morning and again when I walk away from it to sign off at night...
Because here's the deal, if you aren't the Beyonce of your own blog, no one else is going to pick up the slack for you. Thus, you fall off the stage. And let's be real, I think we all know that Kelly and Michelle aren't nearly fierce enough to drive this boat without Beyonce. 

Make your own rules and don't worry about what anyone else is doing. Be the Beyonce of your own blog. 


Dealing with the negative:
For me, this is the one I see a lot of bloggers jump ship for more than anything. It's also the reason I can sympathize with most because, well, simply put... Mo' readers, mo' problems. I also relate to this one because it's something I've dealt with for the majority of my life, as I feel the majority people have. If you haven't, you probably just never heard about it. Also, Santa's not real. Sorry you had to hear that from me but it's time.

The thing is, with blogging it's so easy for people to get a wrong sense of who you are because, for the most part, our voices are being read by someone who's never met us. It's so easy for typed words to be misread, whether in a tone not intended by the writer, or read by someone who simply has a different sense of humor and/or beliefs. So, yeah, pissing people off comes with the territory of blogging and putting yourself out there. It's cool though, if everyone agreed with everything you said, the world would be a pretty boring place.

I guess my biggest piece of advice on this one is... 
You can. not. please them all. Ever. Ever. You really can't. So, just go ahead, style that weave, and Beyonce to them all, because do you think Queen Bey cares if someone hates her? Answer: Hell no she doesn't because she's Beyonce and she gives zero fucks. 

Let it go, stay positive, and continue to stay true to the writer Beyonce you want to be. 


Braving the public eye:
There's very little I keep secret around here. The good, the bad, the ugly, the Beyonce. If it's happened to me it's probably going to make it on this refrigerator at least once. I grew up writing about my life experiences, though, just ask anyone who's still around from the old days of LifeJournal (I'm looking at you, shrinking woman, Faith). 

Like I said previously, you can't please them all. You just have to write for you and, as long as you back the words you write with confidence, you have no reason to hide. 

Honestly, I love it here. I love writing, I love sharing my stories, and I love the community (for the most part). Are there days when I write things that I feel will get more attention than they actually do? Absolutely. But those are usually the days that the post I've written is one that I'm proud of, therefor I give it enough hype and attention in my own head that it's probably a good thing no one else really loved it. 

Sometimes you just have to love on your own blog. You know why?
That's right, because you know damn well that Bey re-watches her performances and loves the ever living shit out of them. If you don't love on your own blog, why would anyone else love on it?


It's ok to be proud of a post you write. It's ok to give yourself attention. It's ok the Beyonce the hell out of every single day you show up to blog. 
Share this article :

Post a Comment

 
Design Template by blogger | Support by creating website | Powered by Amadoras